Bocas del Toro’s only three day music festival extravaganza is back this October 31st, November 1st, and 3rd, with performances from The Lost Boys Blues Band, Chicha Fuerte, The Pink Floyd Experience, Juicy Cake and more! This year’s event will feature GUITARMAGEDDON, a battle of the bands Bocas style, and Halloween On The Dark Side will feature a costume contest, drink specials, and more surprises to the sounds of Pink Floyd!
Day 1 of the event kicks off on October 31st with Halloween on The Dark Side with doors opening at 7PM.
Day 2 is on November 1st featuring Lost Boys Origins and Chicha Fuerte with doors opening at 6PM.
Day 3 features GUITAR-MAGEDDON the Bocas del Toro Battle of the Bands, and the Lost Boys with doors opening at 2PM!
Entry price Per Day is only $5! Don’t miss out on this incredible deal to experience Bocas del Toro’s premiere music festival event! Food and Drinks will be available throughout the event! Lost Boys Blues Bar is located just a short 2 minute water-taxi from bocas town on Isla Carenero. Go to the Carenero Boteros dock on Isla Colon and ask them to take you to Lost Boys Blues Bar at Casa Chocolate!
HALLOWEEN ON THE DARK SIDE
ROCKTOBERFEST 2019 kicks off on October 31st with “HALLOWEEN ON THE DARK SIDE – A Pink Floyd Experience,” where the LostBoys Blues will perform 2 sets of Pink Floyd classics, including the iconic 1973 album, “Dark Side of the Moon,” in its entirety, complete with a multi-media light and video extravaganza. Psychedelic decorations, crafty Halloween cocktails and a costume contest with prizes are all in the program. The night will be concluded with celebrated Bocas del Toro Fuck-Rockers JUICY CAKE, gracing us with their eternal boogie down anthems!
Entrance cost is only $5!
Doors Open 7PM-4AM
LostBoys Blues 9PM-11PM
Juicy Cake 11PM-1AM
DJ Until 4AM
GUITAR-MAGEDDON INFORMATION FOR BANDS
“GUITAR-MAGEDDON – Bocas Battle of the Bands Night”: Doors open at 2pm for a matinee performance of the Pink Floyd Experience and Lost Boys Origins so that families and our outer island friends can enjoy the festival. Children’s games on the resort playground will be sponsored by PirateArts Experience.
The main event is a very exciting addition to this year’s Rocktoberfest, where $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to six bands, including 40 hours of studio time and a one week stay at PirateArts Experience. The competition will begin at 6pm and feature 6 bands. Who will be the last band standing at GUITARMAGEDDON?
Check out the full GUITAR-MAGEDDON rules below!
GUITAR-MAGEDDON RULES FOR BANDS
- All music styles, ages, nationalities and band sizes welcome (including solo acts). Original music and covers are both applicable.
- Musicians must submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2019 and include the following:
- A video sample of a live music performance (no more than 3 samples)
- Artist biography (including basic information like name, age, hometown and description of music)
- Promotional photo (no more than 5 photos)
- Audio clips or links to artist pages are welcome as well
- Musical acts will be selected on October 16th and must confirm before October 20th that they are able be present in Bocas del Toro on the days of November 2nd and November 3rd. Musicians will be given a time to sound check on November 2nd and slot to perform on November 3rd. All six competing acts should report to the bar at 5pm on November 3rd and be available until the announcing of the winner at 11pm.
- Musical acts will be selected by the Lost Boys Blues Bar team on October 16th, which is the day after the deadline. The acts will be selected based on the same merits of the competition:
- Overall sound and musical ability
- Stage presence and personality
- Originality of music and style
- Crowd response (this will be evident in a live recording of a performance)
- Each competing act will be asked to perform for 30 minutes. Both covers and original songs are welcome. Judges will award points on a scale of 10: (a) overall sound and musical ability, (b) stage presence and personality and (c) originality of music and style. Crowd response will be prompted by the MC and measured with a decibel meter.
1st place: 40 hours of studio recording, video, mixing and editing and a one week’s stay at PirateArts Experience.
2nd place: $500 cash (or 10 hours of studio time)
3rd place: $200 cash
3 runners up $100 cash
Cash prizes will be redeemed the day of the competition. Studio time is subject to blackout dates and redeemable until October 30th,2020.