Lost Boys Blues Bar is Bocas del Toro’s most advanced music venue and event space. Check out our upcoming events below. You can click on an event to see the expanded Flyer and more information. You can also like our FACEBOOK PAGE to stay up to date on upcoming events!
Halloween On the Dark Side is Day 1 of Rocktoberfest 2019 falling on October 31st, Halloween! Doors open at 7PM with the music starting at 9PM with the Lost Boys Blues Band performing The Pink Floyd Experience, followed by Juicy Cake at 11PM. A Halloween Costume Contest will also be held, along with drink specials throughout the night! $5 Entry at the door!
Rocktoberfest Day 2 kicks off at 6PM at Lost Boys Blues Bar filled with Lost Boys Origins & Experience Sets from 7PM-9PM and Chicha Fuerte from 9PM-11PM. Tickets are $5 at the door!
Battle of the Bands Bocas Style is coming on November 3rd on the last day of the Rocktoberfest music festival at Lost Boys Blues Bar! Registration is open for bands from all over the region! Huge prizes! 1st place gets 40 Hours of Recording time at the Lost Boys Blues Bar which features the most advanced recording, light, and sound system in Panama, as well as 7 nights stay at the PirateArts Experience Resort! 2nd place gets $500 and 3rd gets $200! Runner ups get $100 each (up to 3 bands).
REGISTER YOUR BAND! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Read Full Event Instructions Below!
Last Band Standing – Bocas Battle of the Bands Night
Rules for Submission and Competition
- All music styles, ages, nationalities and band sizes welcome (including solo acts). Original music and covers are both applicable.
- Musicians must submit their application to email@example.com by October 15, 2019 and include the following:
- A video sample of a live music performance (no more than 3 samples)
- Artist biography (including basic information like name, age, hometown and description of music)
- Promotional photo (no more than 5 photos)
- Audio clips or links to artist pages are welcome as well
- Musical acts will be selected on October 16th and must confirm before October 20th that they are able be present in Bocas del Toro on the days of November 2nd and November 3rd. Musicians will be given a time to sound check on November 2nd and slot to perform on November 3rd. All six competing acts should report to the bar at 5pm on November 3rd and be available until the announcing of the winner at 11pm.
- Musical acts will be selected by the Lost Boys Blues Bar team on October 16th, which is the day after the deadline. The acts will be selected based on the same merits of the competition:
- Overall sound and musical ability
- Stage presence and personality
- Originality of music and style
- Crowd response (this will be evident in a live recording of a performance)
- Each competing act will be asked to perform for 30 minutes. Both covers and original songs are welcome. Judges will award points on a scale of 10: (a) overall sound and musical ability, (b) stage presence and personality and (c) originality of music and style. Crowd response will be prompted by the MC and measured with a decibel meter.
1st place: 40 hours of studio recording, video, mixing and editing and a one week’s stay at PirateArts Experience.
2nd place: $500 cash (or 10 hours of studio time)
3rd place: $200 cash
3 runners up $100 cash
Cash prizes will be redeemed the day of the competition. Studio time is subject to blackout dates and redeemable until October 30th,2020.